The aim is to read a total 20 books over ten categories, in 2010. (Was this challenge based solely around the name? I’ll let you decide!)
- Read 2 books from each category, making a requirement of 20 books total.
- The categories are intended to be loose guidelines only, if you decide it fits, then it fits. (Apart from those marked **)
- Categories marked with ** have tighter rules, and these must be followed.
- Each book can only qualify for one category.
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
- Books read from 01/01/2010 to 12/31/2010 are eligible.
So, on with the categories
- Young Adult: Any book classified as young adult or featuring a teenage protagonist counts for this category.
- T.B.R. **: Intended to help reduce the old T.B.R. pile. Books for this category must be already residents of your bookshelves as of 1/11/09.
- Shiny & New: Bought a book NEW during 2010 from a bookstore, online, or a supermarket? Then it counts for this category. Second-hand books do not count for this one, but, for those on book-buying bans, books bought for you as gifts or won in a giveaway also count!
- Bad Blogger’s ***: Books in this category, should be ones you’ve picked up purely on the recommendation of another blogger count for this category (any reviews you post should also link to the post that convinced you give the book ago).
*** Bad Bloggers: Is hosted by Chris of Stuff as Dreams are Made on.
- Charity: Support your local charity shops with this category, by picking up books from one of their shops. Again, for those on book-buying bans, books bought for you as gifts also count, as long as they were bought from a charity shop.
- New in 2010: This category is for those books newly published in 2010 (whether it be the first time it is has been released, or you had to wait for it to be published in your country, it counts for this one!)
- Older Than You: Read two books that were published before you were born, whether that be the day before or 100 years prior!
- Win! Win!: Have a couple of books you need to read for another challenge? Then this is the category to use, as long that is, you don’t break the rules of the other challenge by doing so!
- Who Are You Again?: This one isn’t just for authors you’ve never read before, this is for those authors you have never even heard of before!
- Up to You!: The requirements for this category are up to you! Want to challenge yourself to read some graphic novels? A genre outside your comfort zone? Something completely wild and wacky? Then this is the category to you. The only requirement is that you state it in your sign-up post.
The requirements for this category are up to you! Want to challenge yourself to read some graphic novels? A genre outside your comfort zone? Something completely wild and wacky? Then this is the category to you. The only requirement is that you state it in your sign-up post.
Enjoy and if you do his challenge, stop over here and let us know how you’re doing!!